It's simple to underline text in Microsoft Excel 2010 - either press the CTRL + U keys or press the U button in the Font section of the "Home" tab in the Ribbon. However, you may not know that a couple of other underline styles are available besides the single basic underline, such as styles that underline everything except currency symbols. See the screenshot on the right for an example.
1. Select a cell you want to underline in a different style. Note that you can only apply one underline style per cell.
2. Click the "Home" tab in the Ribbon. In the "Font" section, click the button at the bottom-right to open the "Font" tab of the "Format Cells" dialog box. Or you can press CTRL + SHIFT + F.
3. When the dialog box appears, click the pull-down underneath "Underline" to choose from the following styles:
* Single Accounting - Underline everything except currency symbols
* Double Accounting - Double underline everything except currency symbols
Applying the Double Accounting underline style to a cell in Excel 2010
4. Click "OK" to save your changes.
Return to the Microsoft Excel 2010 page.
Newest Tips:Yahoo Mail
[MODIFIED] Add a Signature to Your Messages Docks - Program Launchers
Freeware to Launch Apps with a couple of Keystrokes Mozilla Firefox - Plugins and Extensions
Restart Firefox via the Menu or Keyboard Shortcut Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
Change the Default Pen and "Laser Pointer" Colors
About MalekTips and the Author
The MalekTips website was created in 1998 by Andrew Malek of Envision Programming. The page's goal is to freely disperse computer-related tips, hints, and informative articles. Tips are organized to be easy to find, and are presented clearly, in easy-to-understand language. MalekTips also provides information and links to public-domain, open source, freeware, shareware, and commercial software available for download. < more >
Tips & Tricks
Authors: Hassle-Free PCTired of manually removing the extra spaces after periods? Here's a simple way to remove them in a flash.
Interactively straighten or un-straighten a photograph via Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011...
Stop switching between the mouse and keyboard in Windows 7 - adjust photo orientation using these keyboard shortcuts....
[MODIFIED] Text Editors - Notepad Replacements - AkelPad Text Editor with Plugin Support including Text-To-Speech
AkelPad is a small open-source text editor for Windows that allows you to view four different parts of the same file simultaneously....